Sunday, 6 February 2011

Reflections - 6

Sunday 6th February 2011

Reading through January's posts, it has occured to me that there is not much reflection going on in my posts. Admittedly, I was ill for a week, but this is no excuse. I really must try harder!

The Semester 1 work is finally all in, and awaiting assessment. Technically, it has been in for a while, but work has been so busy that I have not had the chance to do much at the moment. I have been pestered for unmarked registers from when I was ill, I have had trips paperwork to sort out for the London Trip (Risk Assessments, V5, V2s, Inside Leg Measurements for all students, rooming lists, chasing payment from students, paying trip organiser through finance, sorting out Larry and a thousand other things). To be honest, I am not really better yet, either, but things don't go away when you are not there, and the team is so stretched that it would be unfair for me to take any more time off. I'm such a martyr!

The student experience is a big thing at work at the moment. It looks as though we are gearing up for something - My guess is that full fees may be on the cards for next year, or at least a hefty increase. We are also going for Foundation Degree Awarding Powers soon, so the FDAP thing may become a big part of our lives soon. The threat of redundancies is also looming large, and some people may not be here next year... You have really got to love the Tories - Every time they get in power, they manage to make everyone miserable. I can still remember the miners strike, and the misery that the (insert farmyard animal here) Thatcher caused. I really will make every attempt to have a little dance on her grave when she goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment