Tuesday 22nd February 2011
Return home for Four Designers conference, and nobody died, got arrested or failed to return. Result! Some of the students even thanked me for organising the trip! The second day speakers were excellent, and Tom Roope's video for Lily Allen even brought a tear to my eye! The whole place went wild when he finished speaking. After the conference, we went out to Hockston (or near there) to see an exhibition of posters designed by Saul Bass. I must say, it was underwhelming! The posters were not bad, (although the gallery was tiny), but when seen as a collection, I can't help but feel that Saul was a bit formulaic in his approach to film poster design. I know that I will be hung by the Bass police for saying such a sinful thing, but we are all entitled to our opinions, especially when it comes to design. I got more good news today, too - Edd checked with garage, and the van is ready to collect (although I will have to get it tomorrow). The price was reasonable - £320, and I didn't expect it to be that low with a diesel pump rebuild on the list of jobs. Just got in after dropping off one of the students, as he failed to organise a lift home for himself. Luckily, Carol is a good egg, and didn't complain (even though we had to drop Jenna in Accrington too).
Absolutely knackered, and I'm sick of counting students. I'll sleep tonight!
No comments:
Post a Comment