Sunday 3rd April 2011
Carol is meant to be closing curtains for our neighbours who have gone on holiday (although we are now end of the first of two weeks).She seems to be a bit ad hoc as to whether she does this or not - she is claiming that she is deliberately trying to be random! I have offered to do it, and when she does go over there, I watch her to and from the house, but I feel that she is not discharging her neighbourly duties to a high enough standard...
Which brings me to the Institute for learning. Just exactly what do they do? And how do they justify the price hike they are proposing for this year? I understand that funding has been cut, but really? Or is it a really well planned April Fools joke and they have forgotten to tell us?
We have a week in work then two weeks off. I'm really looking forward to the break, as I want to make a start on my critical analysis of a pedagogic text essay. I have read loads over the past couple of weeks, so I feel that I am ready to start putting some of the research into my analysis. The real bonus is that I have a couple of old design books, one from 1964 by Maurice de Sausmarez (Basic Design) and one from 1972 by the comedically named Wucius Wong (The Basic principals of Two Dimensional Design). Both of these books are first editions (although not very valuable), and both mention the Gestalt Theory, so I can use them in my bibliography! I have been dying to get these into a bibliography for ages, as I really like the names of both these authors... I have not been so happy since I got the book 'Designers are Wankers' onto a Lancaster validated booklist!
No comments:
Post a Comment