Monday, 2 May 2011

Reflections - 23

Monday 2nd May 2011

It is a Bank Holiday today and we had a three day week at work last week due to the extra day off on Friday 29th for the Royal Wedding - I'm not sure if it is a public holiday or bank holiday but the roads and shops very quiet in the morning as we went into town to buy a DAB radio for the back of the van. The three day week was a great way to ease yourself back into the routine, and we have a four day week this week, too!

On Saturday we went wild camping in Trough of Bowland. It was nice, but very windy. We made sure that we left the area tidier than when we got there, and no-one was disadvantaged by our slightly illegal act.

Yesterday was spent cleaning Carol's scooter and then photographing the scooter today. It is surplus to requirements so we will sell it. I spent a little time this afternoon on my critical analysis, but I really need to get motivated and get some hours into writing. Or analysing.

The dog and I had a good walk this morning and I was thinking about how he learns. Sometimes, he refuses to come back when on the field, for example. I can't find out what the trigger for this is, but he'll just stand there and look at me when I call him back, and you can see the defiance. It is as though he is thinking 'What can you do?' When this happens, I have to just let him come to me on his own. It's frustrating. But it is equally frustrating when a student gets it into his or her head that they can't do a particular task. I suppose I should take learning from how I handle the dog, and let the students come to me, rather than prompt, cajole or try to encourage...

No comments:

Post a Comment